Friday, June 3, 2011



This was the first painting I had a lot of fun with, I actually giggled a few times as I played creating them.  Of course they are models you buy at Blick or even a few at Michaels.  I'l even bet you can Google them for deliverey right to you door should you not have the time to fool around.  I think I should have done just that as I'm not too happy with the stiffness of these two.  My idea here is telling him NO basically the gesture fairly evident the body language speaks for it's self

Deb thinks I should do more, one with a top hat and she in a bridal viel but to tell the truth these guys took a while to paint.  I'd rather do a comic series with a camera which actually isn't a bad idea, come to think of it.  In any case this one was fun to do and is a good study really for real people in your paintings.  With the models you cn add a people anytime to one of your landscapes for added interest and adjust the form into a shape that just says something or they are doing and adding motion to your painting.

I added a fisherman to a seascape that is on the boards now in my studio and he really looks like a people fishing grin... the fishing rod had a lot to do with that on and the bait bucket helped give him a foundation.  Of course when you do add a people it's what the painting is from then on, The Fisherman"  Used to be"by the Sea"  hehehe oh well so be it.   One note of reasoning,' Monet' added the ladies a lot.  Seems People like people in their paintings.

Just a note the painting is better than that photo... I'll look into that one a bit more and get better equiped to shoot my paintings.  If you have any suggestions please feel free to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment